Friday, December 23, 2005

New Year's Resolutions


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

The year is almost over, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves!! 2006 is around the corner and we get to start down a whole new road with our families.

I've never been good at the whole resolution thing. I don't think having to remember to write a different year on my checks will make that much of a difference in the rest of my life. I just don't think we should limit ourselves to making changes only once a year.

Change is important, as we grow and mature it's just natural. Although I have seen friends change trying to be trendy and popular-yes, I'm talking about grown ups. I've often wondered what makes a 40 year old woman start dressing like Britney Spears. I don't know the answer to that one, but I do think we should carefully examine why we are about to make a change in our lives and how it will affect the people around us.

If I had to make a list of resolutions, what would it be?

1. Be more frugal with money- save, save,save.
2. Be more organized- money, bill paying & placement of my car keys.
3. Lighten up- get in there with the kids and get in the dirt and act silly more often.
4. Send more correspondence- email is convenient, but receiving a letter in the mail is such a pick me up.
5. Stick to my homeschool schedule- I wrote everything down for a reason.

That's all I can think of.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just here not to long ago and it looked...different! LOL. I like your list of resolutions.

Lady Montgomery said...

Thanks!! They are things I need to work on. I wanted to try a new background.