Friday, February 10, 2006

My Summer Dress: Simplicity 5193

I went into JoAnns a few weeks ago and their Simplicity patterns were on sale. I bought two summer dress patterns for the girls and one for myself. I picked out Simplicity #5193. The pattern included pants, a shirt (looks like the top half of the dress), and a dress.

The dress comes in two lengths; long and short. However, the "short" length still went below my knees. I think the long length would be close to my ankles. I'm a towering 5' 3"!!!
The pattern went together very fast. I was able to cut out the pattern and sew most of it together in an evening. I just need to finish the hem on the sleeves and bottom of dress. There is also a sash/belt I need to make. It should make the dress look less boxy around the waist.
There are no buttons or zippers!! It was a lot of fun to put together. I would like to make a few more in different fabrics.

1 comment:

Terri said...

It looks like it will be cool and comfortable for the summer. I think that it is such a blessing for you to be able to sew!