Monday, October 23, 2006

SWAPS!!!!

Swaps are everywhere! I've joined my first swaps. Some are exchanging letters, recipes & aprons!

Swap-bot has tons of swaps for people to join. You can even start one of your own. I want to start one for classic childrens book characters or a little golden books swap. Anyway, to the left are 3 that I've joined.

The first one is a letter swap, I have 5 penpals to write to and I will receive 5 letters from others as well.

Then I joined a handmade apron swap, I already have the apron cut out for my person!!! I can't wait to see what my apron looks like!!

I also joined a Winter Wonderland swap, I make a Christmas music cd and send it to 3 other people. There are so many different styles of Christmas music, it will be interesting to hear the cd's I receive.

And finally at swap-bot I also joined a Let's Bake Cookies swap and a Thanksgiving Recipes swap.

I tried to balance swaps that require time and materials like the apron swap with ones that are less costly or time intensive like the recipe swaps. I also kept in mind that I have to pay for shipping when I decided on a swap. Also check out the day it has to be sent out by. Make sure you have enough time & money to get it out on time.

The one I'm most excited about is A Vintage Christmas at Vintage Swaps. Two of my favorite things, vintage and Christmas together!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I just ordered The Lennon Sisters Noel and we ordered the Andy Williams' Christmas cds' last year. We love those oldie type Christmas songs...what do you like?

Lady Montgomery said...

I like the old-fashioned Christmas music, too. I also like Mannheim Steamroller, check out their "Renaissance Holiday". Don't laugh....Christina Aguilera and Vanessa Williams also have nice Christmas albums.