Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Long time no see


Hello again!!

I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. We are out in the country now!! The kids are having alot of fun. They get to spend so much time outside running around and being really loud, they're in heaven.

I have also started a garden, it's huge. I got a little excited, it's about 1000 sq ft! My plan was to have a garden that I could mix vegetables and flowers together and still have enough room to walk through. I hate trying to pick one thing while your standing on another.

My vision (work with me) was an English Country Garden. Little patches of vegetables and paths with flowers along side and statues scattered around. Well, I have some little patches of vegetables in, I have alot more to put out. I have an Angel statue out and some other little ornaments. For Mother's day I received some stepping stones and trellis'. After I get my veggies out I want to put my flowers in. It's fenced with a gate that will be lovely once my husband puts hinges on it!! I also have a small table and chair near the entrance.

My biggest challenge has been trying to picture how big the plants will be in the future. It looks so sparse right now, but I have to remember that they will get bigger.

Here is a list of whats already in the garden:

Sweet Peas, Collard Greens, Cabbage , Carrots, Strawberries, Brussel Sprouts, Garlic, Radish, Sunflowers, Onions & Rhubarb.

Sitting in a cute little wagon waiting to be planted:

Squash, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Sweet Pea flowers & Hollyhock. Pumpkins are going outside the fence behind the garden.

Still in the greenhouse:

Cucumber, Wax Beans, Squash, Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach & Corn.

I had put out some corn out earlier, but it was abducted by aliens!! So.....chin up, and start over!

I'll take pictures of the garden & greenhouse today.


No comments: