Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Spending Halloween in Stepford



I usually don't dress up for Halloween. This year someone had the idea of dressing up as a Stepford Wife and I ran with it.

Some housewives are bothered by the movies and what you can imply just by saying, " She's a Stepford Wife". I on the other hand have never been bothered by how the wives are portrayed. Life is too short to be serious all of the time!

Too be completely honest....I like them. I wish my hair and makeup was always perfect, my home was spotless and dinner was on the table every time my husband walked through the door.

Since I'm not a "real" Stepford Wife, I'm going to pretend on Halloween!

The dress I'm going to make is a Vintage Vouge Pattern, V2267. The original design is from 1954. I will be making it in a lovely green fabric. I'll try to post a picture of the fabric.

The dress I was going to make is a Butterick Pattern. A Retro 1960 dress, B6582 , view C.


I will be adding a hat, white gloves, pumps and of course pearls!!

1 comment:

Kaci96 said...

OH HOW FUN!!! LOL I am completely unoriginal on things like this! I cant wait to hear how it turns out!